Pornichet-Ile Houat-La Vilaine-Pornichet
The area from the Loire estuary north to the Gulf de Morbihan is fascinating. Near Pornichet is the traditional tourist resort of La Baule. Further up the coast are relatively wild and empty, beautiful beaches such as Mine D’Or. I have planned short passages allowing us to relax, explore ashore, and swim or RHIB to some of the beaches from our anchorage. At the risk of bringing bad weather bring yer cozzie!
Here is an outline plan:
- Saturday 20/7– aboard at Pornichet (taxi from Nantes), provision BB for the week.
- Sunday 21/7-Pornichet 10nm – good place to get fuel if necessary
- Monday 22/7 – La Turballe – use fishing port if possible as marina too shallow. – fish market
- Tuesday 23/7 – Barriere D’Arzal on La Vilaine. 15NM. Possibly a beach BBQ with my friends if they are at home in Penestin. Option to carry on up to La Roche Bernard if no wind. Market town
- Wednesday 24/7 – Penerf anchorage 10 NM or Ile Hoedil or Ile Houat 15-20 NM anchorage.
- Thursday 25/7 – go ashore, enjoy beaches, etc
- Friday 26/7 – back to Pornichet for a crew change
Joan has kindly agreed to act as mate for this week.
Sail with us
Request a callback