Pornichet - La Rochelle
Not far from Pornichet to La Rochelle, say, 120 NM allowing for deviations, hopefully "no repetitions, maybe some hesitations"…Best not to admit where this came from unless you want to show your age. Between the two are some islands which the pilot book says are worth a visit, with some good anchorages in fine weather. The islands often have bike hire so we may decide to do some onshore tourism.
Just realised that these two weekends are probably when the whole of France leaves on holiday, so apologies, but expect everything to be busy and book your flights!
Outline plan for the week is:
- Saturday 27/7 - Crew change and provision BB
- Sunday 28/7 - L’herbaudiere/– 10NM, cycle hire on Normoutier, Fresh fish
- Monday 29/7 - Ile d’Yea - Port de la Meule 25-30 NM – anchorages and a castle
- Tuesday 30/7 – Sable d’Olonne – Port Olona 2.5-4m depth in marine and race start of course
- Wednesday 31/7 – Ile de Re – anchorages plus various ports with HW +/- 2 hours access
- Thursday 1/8 – Bebe Plage on Ile d’Aix – anchorage
- Friday 2/8 – La Rochelle – Bassin des Chautiers – 5m depth.
David Roberts has kindly agreed to support as mate for the week.
At the risk of attracting bad weather, bring yer cozzie!
Sail with us
Request a callback