London to Brighton via Pas de Calais/Normandie
Hi members! I have a sailing credit from the boss for two more weeks’ cruising, but it is November so allow time for weather delays and sheltering in marinas. We have adopted a practice this year of being double vaccinated, maybe boosted by then, and lateral flow test the day before arrival. Matt Ledger has kindly agreed to be the mate. DON'T FORGET YOUR PASSPORT EITHER!
Hoping to be the first cruise to make it abroad this year, with visits to one or more of Boulogne, Dieppe and Fecamp, so you must have a passport with at least 6 months left. Not confirmed yet but I expect we will all need to register on French immigration web site. Likely to be some entry port administration as well!
Weather permitting outline plan is:
- Saturday 13/10 – crew change, provision for 7 days. HW is 20:50 hrs so we will probably depart Sunday morning
- Sunday 14/10 – HW 09:30 hrs so 07:30 hrs departure for the Medway probably Queenborough mooring, possibly anchoring in a nearby creek
- Monday 8/11 Boulogne would be nice. Town seems bleak around the marina, but actually the square around the church can be lively
- Tuesday- Dieppe with a fair wind. Really nice town with tourist opportunities being the market and castle,
- Wednesday/Thursday- Maybe a rest day in Dieppe or a hop down to Fecamp
- Friday/Saturday – back across La Manche to Brighton
Hope you can make it!
Sail with us
Request a callback